Between 2017 and 2022, US online advertising revenue surged by over 130%, reaching $210 billion in 2022. With the digital advertising landscape continually expanding, there are numerous opportunities to boost brand exposure. Market projections for 2024 indicate that search advertising will maintain its lead in digital ad spending followed closely by video and banner ads. (Source: Statista)
Most marketers are well-acquainted with Google Analytics 4 (GA4), a groundbreaking web analytics tool offering a comprehensive view of user interactions across digital platforms. Another often overlooked but equally crucial element for your business is maintaining a robust Google Business Profile.
In the past, Google discouraged having separate Google Business Profiles (GBP) for your dealership’s Sales, Service & Parts Department, and Collision Center if they shared the same address. Fortunately, Google’s stance on multiple listings at the same address has changed, and it is now considered a best practice to create separate listings for these departments. Along with your main Sales listing, you should also have Google Business Profile listings for Service/Parts, Finance and your Collision Center (if applicable). You can find more information on Google’s business representation guidelines here.
In today’s competitive auto industry, dealers need to maximize their visibility. According to the LSA (Local Search Association), 76% of new and used car buyers conduct a search online before buying a vehicle. Being discoverable through your Google My Business (GMB) listing is essential. Your GMB listing is the most significant local search ranking signal, according to Moz. Further data from Reputation.com further highlights why it pays for Auto Dealers to publish GBP by department.
Here are five important reasons why you should create separate listings for various car brands and services you offer:
1. Compete more effectively against non-OEM aftermarket service and parts providers by segregating sales, service, and parts on GMB with nested departments.
- Implementing a structured department system on Google My Business (GMB) can provide clear navigation for your customers, enhancing their experience.
- This approach enables you to highlight specialized expertise in each department, demonstrating a comprehensive and dedicated approach to customer needs.
- By segregating sales, service, and parts, you create distinct listings on GMB, which can improve search visibility and help you stand out from competitors who have not adopted this approach.
2. Improve search relevance for consumers seeking specific services, such as oil changes, tune-ups, tires, brake inspection, etc.
- Implementing specific keywords and tags for each service on your GMB listings will enhance search engine optimization (SEO) and help consumers find your business when searching for services.
- By tailoring your GMB content to match the most common search queries, you will increase your chances of appearing in local search results, attracting potential customers actively looking for your services.
3. Isolate reviews by department to better identify and address consumer concerns, ensuring every issue is resolved promptly.
- By segmenting and categorizing reviews based on departments, you can pinpoint the exact areas that may require improvement.
- This approach facilitates a more focused and personalized response to customer feedback, showing your commitment to addressing concerns and continuously enhancing your services.
4. Enhance marketing efficiency by leveraging additional attribution data to ensure you get the most out of your marketing efforts.
- By analyzing attribution data on GMB, you can identify the most effective marketing channels and strategies, allowing you to allocate resources wisely.
- This data-driven approach helps you maximize your return on investment (ROI) by concentrating on the marketing tactics that yield the best results, saving time and resources.
5. Drive more traffic to your location while enhancing your online presence.
- Optimizing your GMB profile not only boosts your online visibility but also encourages potential customers to visit your physical location.
- A well-maintained GMB listing with detailed information, attractive photos, and positive reviews can significantly increase foot traffic, contributing to improved sales and revenue.
Google is the leading search engine, and shoppers are searching for vehicles and services. Google listings drive call volume and additional lines ensure dealers are best equipped to accommodate every call.
Contact us to learn more about how we help leading Auto Dealerships drive more fixed operation revenue.